1. Only use companies who employ ISA Certified Arborists that will BID and SUPERVISE your job on site. Often companies will incorrectly claim or mislead you to think they are a certified arborist. An INDIVIDUAL is certified, NOT the company. You can verify their credentials yourself through the International Society of Arboriculture web site. Click here to verify an arborist certification.LTS will only send certified arborists to bid and supervise your job or provide a consultation.
2. Be willing to PAY a professional for consultation services. This is different than a free estimate. You will gain a great deal of education from a certified arborist towards the long-term care of your entire landscape. If you are willing to compensate them for their time, you can feel more comfortable knowing you are getting an unbiased/objective opinion, not someone trying to generate work for themselves. Often arborists will offer a site visit fee that can be applied to any services that might be necessary from the visit. Simply put, don't expect FREE consultation from some of the most educated professionals in the industry.LTS provides both free estimates and paid consultations. Contact us today and we can assist you with which service is right for you.
3. Only HIRE companies that are insured with General Liability and Workers Compensation to protect the property owner as well as the company employees from the unexpected. A company should ALWAYS be willing and eager to provide this information to potential customers. If they act too busy or inconvenienced, that should be a red flag. Certificates should be made available within 2 business days or less. We recommend general liability limits of no less than $1 million. At LTS, we EXCEED the recommended minimum General Liability and Workers Compensation limits!
4. It is recommended to get 2-3 estimates from a pool of qualified individuals if you do not have a company you are already comfortable with. There is no need for more. Keep in mind that companies expend monetary resources to provide you with a FREE estimate. Do your research first rather than opening the phone book and simply calling numbers until someone calls you back. Also, utilize the "Arborist" section of your phone book over the "Tree Service" section. This will assist you in narrowing your search. We will not expend resources to visit a property owner to bid a project where 3+ estimates have been provided.
5. Different arborists may see different ways to complete your work. Understand that price can vary drastically by technique/time spent. Quick-and dirty can be cheaper but may not be what you are looking for. Our first choice/method when giving you a bid at LTS is NOT quick-and-dirty. But we will be willing to make cost saving adjustments to provide you with the best service possible, based upon your goals.
6. Some companies will only return calls when they have a need for work. Every customer is important to us. When you call LTS, your call will be returned within 1 business day if not sooner.
7. When you are getting estimates, be clear with the company of what your expectations are so they can meet your needs for the best possible cost. Keep in mind the following.
LTS will listen to your goals and prepare a detailed estimate on how best to achieve these goals with your budget in mind.
8. When getting multiple bids, be sure you are comparing "apples to apples". Ask your arborist:
Your LTS estimator or consultant will take the time to answer all your questions.
9. Will the climbers be using tree spikes for pruning? This may not pertain to you if you are only removing trees. However, it is a question that should be addressed if you are pruning live trees. This is a NO-NO in the industry and should not be allowed on your project for any reason. Would you allow a doctor to take blood from you using a dirty needle? Tree spikes can transmit disease and introduce unnecessary wounds that stress the plant. This practice is a sign of a lazy climber or uneducated service. LTS will NEVER use tree spikes when pruning your trees.
10. Last, but certainly not least, select a compnay with a long history of customer satisfaction that values your property and landscape. Don't be afraid to ask for referrals. A good company should want you as a customer for life as well as your word of mouth advertising. Repeat business and customer referrals are the heart of our success! Please check out our website, credentials and reviews and then give us a call. We look forward to doing business with you!
Lineberger's Tree Service, Inc
High quality tree care provided by highly trained & knowledgeable professionals. Contact us today!